Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Jewel Staite's Q&A at Hal-Con 2013

Jewel Staite's Q&A at Hal-Con 2013

Jewel's Staite's Q&A was very animated and fun to attend. I loved finding out that the actress who played Kaylee on Firefly is a foodie like me! She even talked about the food on set!



She also shared a lot about Nathan Fillion and began with, "Nathan is insane." She proves it by describing a surreal trip he organized with Seth Green and Macaulay Culkin to a haunted house

Jewel Staite's Q&A at Hal-Con 2013

When she found out that Kaylee lost in the Geeks vs Nerds Debate: Which Engineer Would Get the Millennium Falcon Running Better? Kaylee or Scotty.

Jewel Staite's Q&A at Hal-Con 2013

She responded, "What the fuck?!" Aptly said, especially since I was at that debate and the argument pro Kaylee was excellent. I am glad no one brought up the use of inappropriate animated gifs and the chronic comments about her swooning over Simon.

Jewel Staite's Q&A at Hal-Con 2013

When, it comes to Firefly Jewel only has positive associations with the show.

If she could be a superhero, she joked she would be Bacon Girl! Then when she thought about it she said she would like the power to heal but only the people she really liked.

Jewel Staite's Q&A at Hal-Con 2013

I think my favourite convention story she shared was getting stuck in an elevator with stormtroopers and that one of them was carrying a boom box. Surreal!

Jewel Staite's Q&A at Hal-Con 2013

When asked about her favourite hobbies I absolutely perked up when she said she was a food blogger. Her food blog is Happy Opu and I absolutely adored the post Oh, You Fancy, Huh?

When I had the chance to speak with her as we were getting our photos taken, I asked her if it was true that she actually snuck a kobe beef hot dog into a movie theatre. She replied emphatically that she did and even got her partner to verify her story.

Seriously, could Jewel's Staite be cooler?! I don't think so!

No comments: