Wednesday, November 13, 2013

J August Richards' Q&A at Hal-Con 2013

J. August Richards' Q&A at Hal-Con 2013

I could have listen to J August Richards' (Gunn from Angel) Q&A at Hal-Con 2013 all night. He was so personable, genuine and fun, an absolute delight to video and the biggest honour to meet in real life.


You really need to watch the video to see how awesome he is!

He shared a lot about the his auditioning process and what it was like to go in for the part of Angel and then Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. He had Meryl Streep whisper in his ear, he broke his own rules and threw himself into each part.

J. August Richards' Q&A at Hal-Con 2013

He could not say whether or not the character Mike Peterson will be coming back to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., especially with my camera rolling. Busted!

J. August Richards' Q&A at Hal-Con 2013

From Shakespeare readings at Joss' place to his love of karaoke, J August Richards had a ton of great stories to share. His Q&A was at the end of psycho-crazy Saturday. I was so exhausted and in so much pain (I have fibromyalgia) but during his Q&A we just sat back and listened to him with big smiles on our faces.

J. August Richards' Q&A at Hal-Con 2013

When we got our photos taken with him the next day I dared to share my story of watching the first episode of S.H.I.E.L.D. with him. I had dental surgery done earlier that day and was completely medicated while watching the show. The only moments I remembered of that first episode were his. His acting was so strong, passionate and earnest I would pop my head up and say, "Gun!" in my head. I had to rewatch the show the next day again for Hexed because everything else was a blank.

I always adored the character Gunn on Angel and hoped that the actor would live up to my expectations. No problem there, he is an even bigger sweetheart in real life. This was the biggest highlight of Hal-Con 2013 for me. My favourite moment of all.

And there were a lot of great moments! More to come...

No comments: