Friday, November 15, 2013

Hal-Con 2013 Auction with Garrett Wang

Hal-Con 2013 Auction with Garrett Wang

Last year I totally fell in love with the auction experience at Hal-Con. I had no idea that the experience could be improved... Until Garrett Wang (Harry Kim from Voyager) took over as auctioneer and blew my mind.



In this video you will see photo highlights and Khan fighting to win the set of Terry Brooks books. Garrett Wang was absolutely entertaining and fun, not to mention, an excellent auctioneer.

Hal-Con 2013 Auction with Garrett Wang

There were many treasures being sold this year! The Tauntaun sleeping bag and the Wookie coat were hard not to bid on but the prices were quite high. Everything went to charity though and people were very generous.

Hal-Con 2013 Auction with Garrett Wang

This was the item I almost could not hold myself back from, a Firefly Jayne t-shirt! But I was good.

Hal-Con 2013 Auction with Garrett Wang

I loved getting to see all the artistry people put into their items, it was amazing and the creative possibilities were endless.

Hal-Con 2013 Auction with Garrett Wang

I absolutely have to crochet a Star Trek insignia scarf now! It looked great on Garrett Wang who modelled it for the potential bidders.

Hal-Con 2013 Auction with Garrett Wang

I am happy to report that Khan won the autographed Terry Brooks books and...

Hal-Con 2013 Auction with Garrett Wang

Got them personalized by Terry Brooks himself! One of Khan/Reg's fantasy fiction heroes. Happy Birthday Reg!

Hal-Con 2013 Auction with Garrett Wang

This year at Hal-Con Garrett Wang was the man! We saw him just walking around in the upstairs vendors' room and yelled "Khan!" as soon as he saw Reg. At the closing ceremonies he popped up on stage to spontaneously thank everyone and in the Hal-Con Facebook Group there is a big rally to make sure he comes back next year. I really hope he does! He fits right in.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

OH my goodness the auction looked like so much fun! I am happy that Reg/Khan won the books and it's so cool he got them personalized. Than you so much for sharing this Suzie!!

Suzie Ridler said...

It really was Shannon, you would have loved it! Did you hear me tell Reg to "Do it" and bid?! I knew he had to have them. You are welcome Shannon! I'll probably do a couple of vendor posts and a closing video next week. It's been a blast!