Monday, June 3, 2013

Paranormal Picks of the Week ~ Premiere of Being Human (UK), Teen Wolf and Paranormal Witness


Being Human UK's Tom, Hal and Alex

I thought it was going to be a quiet week (and possible quiet summer), but the tide has changed and we have not one...not two...but THREE series premiering this week. Not only that, all three of them are big favourites of Suzie and mine: Teen Wolf, Being Human (UK) and Paranormal Witness. There is no way to call out one over the others, so all three are making their marks as the Paranormal Pick(s) of the Week:



Teen Wolf ~ Season 3 Premiere
Monday June 3, 2013 at 10pm ET on Much Music

Summer means Teen Wolf to me. Every since the show started in 2011, I've loved it. The crazy mysteries, the beautiful awkwardness, the awesome cast and of course... the werewolves. So much happens in each episode and I rarely have any idea what will be coming next. I can't wait to see out where they take it this season!


L-R Michael Socha as Tom, Kate Bracken as Alex, and Damien Molony as Hal

Being Human (UK) ~ Season 5 Premiere
Saturday June 8, 2013 at 9pm * ET on Space

This is not only the fifth season of Being Human (UK), but it's also the final season of Being Human (UK). Although I will be sad to see the show go, I am very happy that will get to see how this supernatural roommate drama sums up the series. It's been an emotional roller coaster through the years and I can't imagine it being any different as it comes to a close.

*remember Being Human (UK) is an extra-long show clocking in at 1h 15 min*



Paranormal Witness ~ Season 3 Premiere
Wednesday June 5, 2013 at 10pm ET on Space

This show is one of the scariest out there, and it's non-fiction to boot. I was a latecomer to loving it, only falling hard mid-season 2 but I'm happy I came back to it because the amazing storytelling that completely honours the truth of the experiences is extremely impressive. I'm looking forward to Paranormal Witness in it's third (and expanded) season, but I might have to watch it during the day with the lights on.

Deep South Paranormal's Hart Fortenbery and Keith Ramsey

Also Awesome
  • Deep South Paranormal Finale Tuesday June 4, 2013 at 9 on Space; I found this non-fiction paranormal investigation show absolutely charming. I loved the combination of old world folklore plus technology with a lot of heart and compassion throughout. I really hope it gets renewed.
  • Revolution Season 1 Finale Monday June 3, 2013 10pm on CityTV; while we didn't talk about Revolution that much this year it was certainly one of the impressive successes of the new crop of 2012-13 shows and was confirmed to be renewed for a season 2. I wonder if they found out what turned off all the power.
  • Merlin in Syndication Monday - Friday 3pm (and 9am) on Space as of Monday June 3 2013; with the 5 seasons having come to a close it's a very smart choice to start airing this one daily! I found Merlin to be a highly enjoyable fantasy series, and would easily recommend it for anyone who hasn't tried it out yet.
  • Sinbad and Primeval: New World Season 1 rebroadcastings on Space; 2 great series to enjoy this summer starting from their very first episodes on Saturday June 8, 2013 at 7pm and 8pm respectively. This also concurrent pairs to the US airings of the shows premieres on the US SyFy channel.

No comments: