Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My Hal-Con 2012 Treasures & The Fabulous Vendors

Giant Robot Comics & Walking Dead T-Shirt at Hal-Con 2011

Last year at Hal-Con I totally regretted not buying this Walking Dead T-Shirt from Giant Robot Comics

Hal-Con 2012 Vendors

So this year I went for it and picked up this one covered in zombies.

Hal-Con 2012

I totally love it! Absolutely worth the $25.

I even wore it with my Hexed pants all day Sunday as I hung out with the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.

Hal-Con 2012 Vendors

I adore the vendors at Hal-Con. Where else can you find somebody happy to pose with Duff beer like at Monster Comic Lounge?

Hal-Con 2012 Vendors

Celtic Mist Gift Shop was a dangerous place for me to hang out. She literally had so many things I almost bought.

Hal-Con 2012 Vendors

I was so tempted to get a furry hat, especially the wolf one. I love it!

Hal-Con 2012 Vendors

So many New Age products and even singing bowls but I still am unable to get one to sing.

Hal-Con 2012 Vendors

Custom Curves looked absolutely fascinating but was so busy fitting people I think I will just go visit them in person. Their work is exquisite.

Erika at Hal-Con 2012 from Storenvy

Erika was a total cutie and I especially adored the work she jewellery work she did with paper clay.

My Hal-Con 2012 Treasures

This is the pull tag I bought but I am definitely turning it into a necklace. It is so light, so pretty... I want to wear this beauty around my neck. I still can't believe I got it for only $3!

Hal-Con 2012 Vendors

Eternal Elf Creations was absolutely one of my favourite vendors again this year. Michelle Dawn Poirier is lovely and her chainmail work, stunning.

Stuff I bought at Hal-Con 2011

Last year she totally inspired me to get over my fear of resin when I bought this Goth Girl pendant from her.

Hal-Con 2012 Vendors

This year I could have bought absolutely everything she had for sale, I loved it all! It was so hard to choose.

My Hal-Con 2012 Treasures

In the end I bought this hand-painted owl pendant with a glass dome that a friend of hers had made. It is so me. I wish I could paint like that! I am wearing the pendant right now, I love it so much and it was only $10!

Hal-Con 2012 Vendors

This sale person at Quantum Frontier made me laugh so hard, I totally love that she had made her own Futurama brain slug. She assured me it was easy to make.

Suzie Ridler at Michaels

I went to Michaels and picked up some yarn to make the slug and a Firefly Jayne's hat. Seriously, the vendors rock! We picked up Munchkin Fu from Quantum Frontier which we can't wait to play!

Hal-Con 2012 Vendors

The ladies at Into the Mystic were so lovely and helpful. All their wares incredibly spirit and cool. Here is one of them after taking Reg/Khan's photograph.

Hal-Con 2012 Vendors

They are located in Cole Harbour and I might just go out there one day this winter and take them up on their free 30 minute session with their Jade Infrared Healing Mat.

My Hal-Con 2012 Treasures & Fabulous Vendor

Last year Rustic Revolution Pottery inspired me with her ceramic cauldrons and True Blood items. This year I fell in love with these salt spoons!

Hal-Con 2012 Vendors

And the zombie mugs. Who doesn't want a zombie mug?!

My Hal-Con 2012 Treasures

I gave in to my inner foodie and picked up the spoons for $5 each. Now even in my kitchen I will think of the fun I had at Hal-Con.

Shopping at Hal-Con made me realized that I don't actually hate to shop (which I thought I did). No. I love to shop where there is merchandise I actually like that really suits me. It is just that it is an incredibly rare thing to happen in my life.

Everything was fun, weird, silly, geeky and the people are so fabulous. I wish I could shop like this all the time.

No comments: