Monday, November 5, 2012

Hal-Con 2012 Gaming Success Story


Hal-Con 2012 Gaming Success Stor

I know this is silly but I was so excited to see the Payday was on the piles of games you could play at Hal-Con this year. I loved that game growing up!



But that was not really the kind of games most people at the convention were playing (although I did notice it disappear later on in the weekend so someone was playing it).

Hal-Con 2012 Gaming Success Stor

Is it weird this reminds me of the Brady Bunch's cursed Tiki idol? Does that make me a geek or just a TV nerd?!

Hal-Con 2012 Gaming Success Stor

This year gaming took over the entire third floor! They were worried that it would end up being quiet and empty.

Hal-Con 2012 Gaming Success Stor

On Saturday night they had to bring in more tables.

Hal-Con 2012 Gaming Success Stor

The place was packed with people gaming and having so much fun.

Hal-Con 2012 Gaming Success Stor

I did get one gaming workshop into my schedule and learned how to paint miniatures with Ed Switzer. What an excellent class, so glad I went.

Hal-Con 2012 Gaming Success Stor

A lot of the gamers were not in costume although there were geeky shirts everywhere.

Hal-Con 2012 Gaming Success Stor

They had a room dedicated to pinball and classic games!

Seriously, you could have spent the whole weekend gaming and ignoring everything going on downstairs if you wanted to. It was such a huge hit!

No comments: